ValvTechnologies Europe is resolute in that the valve services and products it provides for its core businesses meet or exceed all legal, regulatory and other requirements within its served industries.
Monitor, Consider, Execute
Safety, health & environment is THE most important aspect to conducting operations. ValvTechnologies Europe regards the promotion of health, safety and environmental measures as an essential objective for management and employees at all levels. It is our policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to protect everyone, including the public and our customers, from potential hazards.
To meet this commitment the General Manager accepts ultimate responsibility for the Company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) which meets, and where possible exceeds, the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety), BS EN ISO 14001 (environmental) and BS EN ISO 9001 (quality). To ensure implementation of this policy the General Manager has delegated daily management to the management team in conjunction with the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Manager.
ValvTechnologies Europe, as a responsible business organisation, recognises its obligations to consider all relevant safety, health, environmental and quality issues in its dealings with its employees, customers, suppliers and the general public. ValvTechnologies Europe will ensure continual improvement encompassing all facets of the organisation by committing to:
- The prevention of pollution, injury and cases of work-related ill health by the use of risk assessments and action planning
- Identifying, assessing and managing potential risks identified within our activities. Ideally, we will seek to reduce risks via substitution or engineering controls and only employ personal protective equipment (PPE) when other solutions have been demonstrated to be impractical.
- Providing and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions for our employees and others who may be affected by ValvTechnologies Europe’s activities
- Providing and maintaining plant, equipment and machinery and ensuring safe storage and use of substances
- Providing clear information, training, instruction and resources to enable our employees to perform their work safely and efficiently.
- Ensuring all policies and business practices are communicated to all employees, and to others working on ValvTechnologies Europe’s behalf, through appropriate briefings and training
- Maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters applicable to the company’s activities, in particular by consulting and involving employees with support from external professionals where necessary
- Regularly reviewing business performance and continually improving through the setting, achieving and exceeding safety, health, environmental and quality objectives and targets (key performance indicators – KPIs) which are linked to customer satisfaction and are cascaded throughout ValvTechnologies Europe.
- Providing users of our products and services with the information, advice and support necessary to use them safely
This policy shall be reviewed when circumstances require it, such as following an accident, changes to legislation, standard requirements and/or changes to company processes.
Name: Benny McCallum, General Manager, MCE Group plc
ValvTechnologies Europe is a trading name of MCE Group plc.
Effective from: 1st March 2015